Node_modules folder missing when using local server option for project

I seem to be missing node_modules folder on a new project

I have just reinstalled Wappler 5.5.3 on new hardware with Windows 11
Created a new nodejs project
Ensured Scoop was installed, and after several reboots node got installed via Wappler

Now I am at the point where node_modules appears to be missing?

It would appear a npm install is not being triggered (when I do this manually all is ok)

Should this not be automated as part of new project creation??

How does Wappler install node packages?

Wappler should install all necessary node modules based on package.json. What happens when you click the System Check button?

All that does is return
“Check completed successfully”

I believe the node_modules folder is only created/visible on remote targets. On your local machine that folder most likely lives outside of the project folder.

Based on the green dot, it looks like the Development instance is running correctly now. Are you still having issues?

I did wonder that too, but on older projects the node_modules folder is present in my local environment inside the project folder.

If it was normal then why would I be seeing the error cannot find nodemon.js as I posted in my original post.

When I click local web server I still get the same error as in my original post, with the orange triangle showing an issue.
Restarting the local nodejs server makes error go away, and green dot appears. But then reclicking local web server shows error again with orange triangle, and this cycle just repeats itself.

Something doesn’t seem right to me

What are you clicking?

The drop down arrow, and then from drop down I select local web server from the list. I switch between terminal window and local web server

Have tried creating 2 new projects, and they both do the same thing

Are you using docker for the local environment or a custom setup?

No docker, just what Wappler provides as default selections for nodejs project

What happens when you create a new project using Docker as the Server Type?

Can give it a go when I get back home in front of pc, but still think a nodejs non docker project should not throw the error I am seeing.
Hopefully Wappler team member can confirm if there is something wrong in my setup?

I agree. Just trying to see if it’s happening in another setup to help the Wappler team and also give you a path forward. Docker makes it easier to migrate everything from your local machine to cloud hosts.

Yes, I understand, and makes sense. Concerns I have with docker is lack of knowledge at this stage and how to troubleshoot. Figured I spend more time on nodejs as I am and get comfortable then will look at docker in future.

For now I will try new docker project as you suggested when I get home and report back

I really appreciate you taking the time to assist me

Looks like Docker project is fine, but it would seem is a very different ball game in that once docker image is created the end result container is created from scripts that does produce node_modules folder correctly.

My issue is with local nodejs project where local node_modules is missing, producing the error as per my 1st message.

Something is not right with this