New Visual Expression Builder Thoughts

I finally figured out how to play with the new Expression Builder on a test project. I have tried four or five different scenarios that I am likely to use in my live projects. Keep in mind I only tested the show/hide expressions as that is all I currently understand.

I LOVE IT!

This is so easy to use. And it works well. I can’t wait to learn more about it’s capabilities. This one is a true game changer for me. This is probably the biggest new feature I didn’t realize I needed since version 4.

Thank you to the Wappler team! Can’t wait to try this on live projects.

9 Likes

Hi Brad, glad to hear you like it :slight_smile:
The new Expression Builder makes it a lot easier and clearer to do things like this:

instead of this:

or writing the code manually.

6 Likes

Got to play around with this a little more today. Still pretty basic Show/Hide type stuff. But so far I LOVE IT! Other than showing and hiding based on multiple values, what are some of the main uses for this? I’d love to explore this new feature even further.

The main use of it is an easier way to build complex expressions visually.

1 Like
  1. I really like the new one Visual Expression Builder. It’s like an evolutionary leap. Thank you Wappler Team!
  2. I have a question about the Action Properties window. You can change the size of this window, but the settings fields are not 100% the width of the window.
    For example API ACTION POPERTIES
    In any case, I need to increase the width of the window to see the entire URL, but at the same time Input Data, Query, Headers remain small, I would like to see them here at 100% of the window width.

Hi @BiBo, can you post a screenshot of your issue in point number 2?

I’m using 6.0.0 Beta 5 with experimental features on, but I never get the option to use the visual expression builder not matter what element I try to use it on.

Did you restart Wappler after switching features on?

Are you sure you are actually running version 6 beta? Make sure to fully quit Wappler from the tray icon > right click > QUIT and then start the beta.

Yep fully quit and restarted after turning features on. Although I am wondering if there is a conflict between the two still cause it seems the issues I reported here Dynamic data not appearing if inside a row didn’t start till after I downloaded and ran the beta Wappler.

I also don’t know how to see this new visual expression builder

You are 100% sure you quit it from the tray icon?

Screenshot 2023-09-03 at 18.37.51

Screenshot 2023-09-03 at 18.38.37

Same here:

Only running beta:

Make sure you are on the beta extensions channel as well.

So far I can only find the expression builder on show/hide attributes. Where else would I find the expression builder. I have time to play with it today.

Be sure you are on Beta 6

Switch on Beta and Experimental Features in the system settings and you should see these icons change. Restart Wappler.

Screenshot 2023-09-03 at 9.23.48 AM

Then the lightning bolt icon should also change to a filter icon

Screenshot 2023-09-03 at 9.24.32 AM

1 Like

You can also use it for data view filtering, will be coming to more places where you need complex expressions in the next updates :slight_smile:

1 Like

Ah! That’s right, I did use it when I was learning Data Views. Worked like a charm.

1 Like

Reinstalling from scratch did the trick for me.
Nice job, love the new expression builder :hugs:

Btw: It would be nice to notice the users that Wappler Beta is located under local and not roaming like stable version:

1 Like