New to Wappler general questions

True, and I’m still using Navicat for designing my database further. But I guess my comment relates back to when I first started and I tried many different db tools and found them all quite a bit daunting.

There’s lots going on in them and a lot of it doesn’t really relate to what’s needed for a simple(ish) webaite or web app like the op mentioned.

What changed my mind more recently was that I switched to using docker and plan to deploy a new docker container for each client (this may change between now and launch) and having the db scheme built in Wappler means I can easily sync/set up the db schema with each new docker target I create (which would be a new client). If I create the db schema outside of Wappler I need to recreate it (naturally I can import through Navicat etc)

I still use Navicat to test things, manage data imports, database design etc and find it the best of the bunch I tried, but for keeping track of database changes and ease of deploying to new docker targets I choose the Wappler db manager

Thanks Philip. What you say about Docker is interesting. I’ve only tried out Docker on my local computer. It’s something I shall explore more at some point. I imagine I could still manage databases with Navicat if I use Docker, as with any other target; eg witih Navicat, I can copy database between clients almost as easily as I can copy image files. However, they’re not synchronized. In most cases I wouldn’t want them to be, but I can imagine situations where this could be a useful feature.

Working on a new newbie series now but just into my busy season so time is limited. Series will be a quick start to optimise the 7 day trial period

2 Likes

Ah sounds perfect! That was my main worry - starting 7 day trial with no underlying knowledge & then stabbing randomly at buttons for 7 days hoping for things to make sense. Some apps are easy to figure out in a day or two, but with power comes complexity & wappler does seem very powerful! Lots to learn & understand before you can really even ‘try’ it.

So thank you. I look forward to your videos. :sunny:

Hi can you please include a segment for developing mobile apps, the official documentation doesn’t cover much.

‘I think’ once the Node.js issues are all solved we will see more focus on mobile app development this year in Wappler. Nothing really much has been done with mobile app development since it’s initial release.

1 Like

I’m very excited for that, after spending some time reading the cordova documentation I think this project is amazing!