New project sometimes not open index and main automatically on first start

Win10
NodeJS
Local Custom Hosting

I have not created new projects for some time. But recently I have created some of it for testing purposes and I noticed that index and main pages do not always open automatically on first start, as it was before.

Sometimes the index page opens and sometimes doesn’t. I don’t know what affects it.

Also when it auto opened, all the frameworks auto loaded too, as needed. I see the notifications.
And when it does not open itself, I go to the pages and open it myself. Then frameworks seem to start to load too. But I have to manually save pages to keep frameworks.

This video may help you to understand what happens under the hood:

Hi, Ben!
Thank you for your reply. Your tutorials make huge help for me learning the Wappler.
I understand how the new page in NodeJS works. But maybe I was not clear about the issue I see here.

As I recall, index and main pages have always been opened automatically when you start a new project. And so frameworks for this pages added automatically. And saved.
But it is not now. Not every time, at least.

I’m not sure this causes problems for users, but I think it possibly can. For example, maybe this report is somehow connected.

When creating a new NodeJS project a main layout page and a default index page should be created and opened.

Could you specify a case when they don’t? There must be something different like special path or so.

No, I didn’t saw any differences when it happened.

I tried to reproduce it today but not succeeded.
I guess I will wait till it happened again I will try to get some clues.

1 Like