New project - Can Wappler do it?

I started building in Adalo, but run into the below issues. Just found Wappler and I hope it can solve these. If any one knows if it can be done please let me know.

• Deep links to PWA and Website. The links needs to be the same for the website and the PWA.
  • PWA with install prompt and notifications
  • QR code generator and scanner

I haven’t made these things in Wappler, but I’m confident you can make it with Wappler.

The reason why I’m confident is because Wappler makes a lot of things easier, but it doesn’t limit you. That means that if you Wappler doesn’t have pre-made components for what you’re trying to do, you can install it yourself (requires a bit more programming). For example, you can google ‘deep link PWA’ and simply follow the instructions from everyone’s favourite Stackoverflow https://stackoverflow.com/questions/45979191/deep-linking-from-web-to-pwa-standalone-version

2 Likes

I’m newer to the community, but it seems like these things are doable in Wappler. I haven’t found anything I was not able to tie in to Wappler, even if just by doing a little hand coding here and there.

I think you’ll run into a number of confusing or glitchy things, like you’d expect writing your own PWA in any dev environment. I think if you’re under a tight feature scope or schedule, this could be a steep project for your first in Wappler.

If you decide to give it a try, I recommend figuring out the essentials on paper and then get those working in Wappler. For instance, I’d want to be sure I could live with the development cycle depending on your PWA requirements. The QR code situation would be the other element I’d get working first off…

Good luck & let us know where you end up!

1 Like

All very doable. PWA is documented on YouTube I believe, QR generation is simple using 3rd party APIs of which there are many.

Most anything any other dev tools can do is possible in Wappler with patience and time.

2 Likes

Hi, Welcome to the community.

We have converted a Wappler app into a PWA, so that works for sure.
And have also integrated QR code scanner.
QR code builder should not be a problem either.

Not sure about your first point - deep links. Haven’t used that part of PWAs yet… But given the nature of how PWA works, I don’t think any additional setup would be needed… It should just work.

1 Like