New Monaco editor version released

A new version of Monaco editor has been released. And believe it or not, it has a “paste” function!!! Are you guys in the process of updating to this version? Or will that be down the road a bit? Not sure how detailed those kinds of updates can be?

I’m sure you guys are on it.
Because you rule!

What is “paste” function?

I was just wondering the same - copy/cut/paste have always been available in Monaco.

I think Baub might mean Paste will be available from the right click context menu.

True, this has been added :slight_smile: i never really use the context menu in code editors, so i always forget it was not available there.

• Added Paste in the context menu in browsers which support the clipboard API.

We are already working for weeks in integrating the new Monaco version but because of a lot of major changes in its architecture, we have to rewrite a lot of our integrations. Hopefully it will be done soon.

5 Likes

The new Monaco is looking good :slight_smile:

1 Like

Ah. I avoid using mouse when coding. :sweat_smile: Lack of shortcuts do affect my speed, but I have grown accustomed to Wappler’s limited shortcut list.

Please tell me they have fixed the issue where editing appears in an inactive, but open file, when more than one file is open…

In my tests the last few days, it looks like that this issue has been fixed. I was not able to recreate it with the new version.

3 Likes

1 Like

What is new in Monaco? Other than a paste option I don’t see any difference. What are some of the ‘tons of updates’?

Brad, the things improved in the latest version are not visual. It’s the core of the editor which has been improved.

Great, thanks Teodor. I was just curious. The code editor seems to work great so far.

Previous version used in Wappler was version 0.19.3, now it uses 0.21.2

2 Likes