New database columns not showing in Server Connect action

I have added of columns to tables of my database. When I try to retrieve, update or insert into the tables the columns aren’t available in the database query picker. I have tried using the refresh button to update the schema but nothing new is found.

I have also tried saving the Server Action, restarting Wappler and I have also run queries on the DB to ensure that the columns were actually successfully added.

Please help.

just open your database connection step in server actions. click test. save and then the updated tables will be there.

2 Likes

Thanks @baub
I’m pretty sure I tried it earlier but I have tried it again and I’m afraid it didn’t work. The latest columns still don’t show.

what kind of database? mysql or M$SQL?
what type are the columns?
have you tried the custom query builder? do they show up there?
mac or PC?

1 Like

Thanks again,
It’s MySQL, the columns are VARCHAR.
The schema doesn’t update in any of the Database Query types (single, insert, custom).
I’m using Mac.

I have been using Wappler for some time and have always been able to access updated schema. There seems to be a few issues in the latest version to do with Custom Queries not executing. I wonder if this is linked to a recent change.

Yeah not sure on that one? I’m guessing need to hit up @teodor and @patrick as it might be a bug then. Not sure what else I can do?

1 Like

Just to be really clear, Baub is asking you to try opening the database connection, not the query itself. In other words, using the image below, opening and save “db”, not “menu_items”.

This is still working, so triple checking here. :slight_smile:

Screen Shot 2020-02-26 at 10.13.06 AM

Thanks, yes, I did understand. I clicked into the Database Connection, clicked ‘Test Connection’ - got connection successful and then saved. When you say it is still working, ave you tried it recently on 2.5.7?

Yep, I’m in the middle of a bunch of changes, so using it a lot. Mariadb for me, which should be the same as your mysql.

Maybe try to create a new connection to see if anything different happens. And of course, make sure you are pointing to the same db (DEV vs. Staging, vs Prod, etc.)

FWIW: MySQL here … latest version of Wappler. I have no issues adding columns to my tables.

Thanks all,
I restarted my computer and the issue resolved itself. As always, I appreciate the Wappler Community support!

4 Likes