New Database Actions loosing connection

Hey guys,

Wappler 5.8.2
php
mysql

This has happened a lot of times (now with 5.8.2 but and with previous version 5.5.1):
While on Server Action editing, when I add a Database Update action the connection is missing!

I was just ignoring it until now (delete the “broken” database Update and add it again until its connection is OK…) but if I can do something about it it would be very nice.
(this morning, I’m trying for 15’ to add a database Update without success…)

Any idea or suggestion?

Whenever I come across an empty field for the Connection name, I just save the API. Even though it shows an error for the missing db connection, the save action populates the db name correctly.

1 Like

Hey @guptast,

Thanks for your quick reply. Yes! It works, when save is clicked it restores the connection

Thank you my friend!!

1 Like

That is helpful for a lot of people but doesn’t help if you have more than one DB connection. This is something that has been reported a lot and I’m sure would be appreciated if it were resolved

1 Like

You are absolutely right Ben!
Wappler Team is working on too many major things, so it helpful temporary for the case of 1 connection…

Just asking… Have you find any workaraound for multiple connections?

Remove, add, remove, add, remove, add…

:joy:

Got it… You are in troubles my friend

So. let’s pray that it will be soon fixed

When reporting such issues and you can recreate them then please follow How to report bugs together with the Wappler debug log

and attach the debug log file here in this topic.

I actually have multiple connections in all my test projects and never had any issue like that. Must be something really specific.

1 Like

I’m not saying that anything is caused by multiple connections but the proposed workaround has problems in situations where there are multiple connections.

I have seen it plenty of times and clearly others have too as I’ve seen it reported lots over many months. It occurs in DB connections and security provider restrict steps. At a guess I would say it is a timing issue that the drop-down list isn’t ready when it is rendered - most notably when computer resources are stretched. I’ll try and reproduce with an error log but it is inconsistent

1 Like