New client side extensions + Tailwind?

One of the downsides of using Tailwind is losing this capability in the preview window:

1. You click on a modal
  2. It appears in the preview window and you can easily edit it
  3. You click on another item, it dissapears

Now with Tailwind I have to:

1. Use a class (I prefixed my tailwind classes with tw-) to hide/show the modal
  2. I need to use dynamic binds to hide/show the modals

I haven’t gotten the time to play around with the new appconnect extensions yet.
Is this possible now to ‘integrate’ just like the bootstrap modals now?

To use Tailwind it should probably be implemented as a framework in Wappler. Currently we don’t have a way to add custom frameworks. Framework have special rules on how it renders in design view, this is not possible with App Connect extensions.

Thanks @patrick
That’s a pity.

Any talks at least about framework extensions? Or is that something for much later?

We are first working on the extensibility of App Connect, so that you can create your own components, formatters, custom attributes and flow actions. The frameworks will be much later since a part of them is currently hard coded in Wappler and not yet extensible.

1 Like

Frameworks will be extensible, just as the rest of the Wappler App Connect and Server connect components.

We already have the frameworks extensibility in place for the build-in frameworks, and will be exposing it soon for 3rd party extensions as well.

It is good that you raise the design view rendering issue, because that needs indeed currently more custom code and we have to think how to make it extendible as well.

2 Likes

and of course for tailwind we have to support all the weird css class names, but the eventual goals is indeed to be easy to create a custom framework as extension that can be maintained by the community

1 Like

Integrating mouse events to resize and others is also going to be fun.

1 Like