New Bubble to Wappler migrant here

Hey all

For the last 6 months and up until 2 days ago I was dead set on creating my company’s internal project management platform on Bubble. Over time, I decided that I want to create a SaaS version of the web-app I am building, as there is a good market for such a tool in the industry I am in. I kept blocking out the thought but recently realized that Bubble was not going to scale, and also that I would likely never be able to sell the product down the line seeing as I don’t have the code. Luckily for me I was still in the early stages of my app. I have zero coding experience so after reading several threads here, I have enrolled in Udemy courses for HTML5, CSS, Javascript and SQL, to at the very least familiarize myself with the languages used with Wappler. It will be a learning curve but I am excited to get started. I have just downloaded the trial but am already decided that Wappler is the best way forward.

You should be hearing more from me in the days ahead, but for now just wanted to announce the presence of a new Bubble to Wappler migrant in your midst.

Mustafa

9 Likes

Hey @Mustafa,

Welcome! You took the wise step of taking those udemy courses. Don’t forget to add a bit of bootstrap into the mix.

There are a lot of (ex)bubblers around and we will be able to help you with translating Bubblish to Wapplerish :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Welcome to an excellent community (and product!).

1 Like

@JonL @sitestreet Thanks guys. And I forgot to mention, yes I enrolled for a Bootstrap 4 course as well :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hey Mustafa, a big welcome from me too! :slight_smile:

I am sure we all look forward to working with you here. It’s an amazing place to be… a bit more techie than Bubble, but a place where you can create a product you can own and be very very proud of.

For the learning, HTML5 and Bootstrap 4 are the best places to start, and you will definitely need some CSS. The whole responsive page layout design requires a good knowledge of Bootstrap.

You may well get away without needing to use Javascript, and SQL has become less important since the Database Manager emerged in Wappler a few months ago in v3.0.

Happy Learning!

All the best,
Antony.

@Antony It was in fact your story about your reasons for migrating that convinced me to make the leap and rather use my time learning the ins and outs here instead of continuing any further with bubble. So thank you!

1 Like

It’s a pleasure Mustafa! :grinning:

2 Likes