New actions UI

Loving the new style of selecting the actions, however could I ask that there is a way to copy them.
For example if I have a hide item on a action there is no way to copy this action (when i was text you could) to use it else where.

I think the only option is to edit the code directly. This is likely to lead to errors, which will defeat the main purpose of the new method, but hopefully an option to copy will be added.

There is already a good solution in the corresponding sections in Server Connect, where you can choose to create expressions by clicking or via a text box (or a cominbation of the two). Unfortunately this only works with variables and not conditions at the moment.

I see this more in the positive, in that it can speed up development of repetitive items if managed with care.

Over 50% of my app is created by copy and find/replace in the code, and I find it an extremely efficient way of working in repetitive situations.

For me, Wappler is low code, not no code!

I think you entirely misunderstood me - and the issue raised by @gunnery.

The point I was trying to make above (and in one or two other threads - eg this one and this one) is that it will be extremely unfortunate if the ability to copy/paste between input fields is removed. The idea behind the new restrictions is to prevent people from entering code manually, and making mistakes. A side-effect of this is that in many instances it’s no longer possible to copy/paste between input fields - which I think will slow down development.

I’m not too concerned about the client side/App Connect, because as you say, it’s convenient to edit in code view. However for users who don’t usually use code view, but who sometimes copy between input fields to speed things up, their only option to copy will be to use code view, where they won’t be guided as it were by input fields - hence my comment about leading to more errors and defeating the purpose of the new changes (but also trying to make a case for not limiting the current flexibility Wappler offers).

My main concern is the Server Connect side, where it’s now necessary to make a series of clicks for example to enter a simple expression such as 'var == 1'. And if you want to use the same or similar version of the expression, you have to click all over again. This applies to conditions. I have expressions which are hundreds of characters long; having to click my way through them would be extremely time-consuming.

You mention that over 50% of your app is created via code view which I expect is pretty typical among many users. However, I wonder what percentage of this is code view in Server Connect? I imagine it’s close to 0%. Rather than clicking to create some expressions, it will be quicker to use code view in Server Connect in some cases, but it’s not all convenient compared to code view in App Connect.