Nested Repeat Region - Data binding issue in the 2nd level

Wappler Version : 2.4.3
Operating System : Mac OSX Mojave v10.14.5

I’m sure this is a bug, but just want to run this past the experts to make sure I’m not doing something wrong here. My elasticsearch API query call gives me a nested json like this (sample data attached):
office.json.zip (767 Bytes)

It might look complex but, basically it’s a simple parent (data object in above pic is department) and child (employee) hierarchy represented as two nested arrays like this:

Theoretically, I should be able to bind the two nested arrays within two nested repeats on client-side. I tried the below:

1.1 I made a row repeat “dept_row” and bind it with the first “hits” array (using server connect).

1.2 I was able to bind the first para to display the department name (from dept_row repeat) successfully.

image image

2.1 I made a nested row repeat “emp_row” and bind it with the second “hits” array (from dept_row repeat).

2.2. Now, I wanted to bind the second para to display the employee name (from emp_row repeat). Ideally, I should be able to see only _source/name (similar to step 1.2 above). But I see the whole “employee” object which is incorrect.

Thanks in advance to the community for your help/advise on this one! Cheers!

Hi @George @Teodor , any luck with this one in today’s v2.4.4 update? Thanks in advance!