Need urgent help

I have spent the last two days trying to fix what should be a simple problem. I am unable to to get a simple query or even a database insert to store from the database.

Background

1. I am not receiving any errors when debugging in fact I am getting all 200 status codes for both queries and inserts.
  2. I have written custom queries in wappler and they return data.
  3. Wappler thinks the server action completes as it resets my forms after loading (from dynamic event success)
  4. The database tool returns data too, so I know my connection is good.

I am really at a loss here and I don’t know what else to try. For some environmental data:

I am running the latest version of Wapper.
Using only a local Docker machine that is working without issues.

Here is what I think may be the source of the issues:

This site was originally completed a little more than a year ago. It was build to provide an evaluation tool for my college to facilitate academic assessment from adjunct professors, which is then analyzed and written up into assessment reports. It has been running without issues until this week, when I had to make some changes to the system. Because the server runs on a machine at the University and I am unable to access the machine reliably (covid has closed our campus) I decided to download the entire htdocs folder and manually place the files into my setup at home. I created a new project, imported the database and manually copied my php files. The only other files I grabbed were the dmxconnect files I created when I built the site from the API folder. I did have to go through and of course update all the database connection ect.

That is about all I can think of to provide at this time. Perhaps there is something from inside the Wappler files that I need but I cant think of any and as I said the debugging process gives no negative info.

I appreciate any suggestions. I have a hard deadline on the 11th to get this thing working, receiving data from the field, analyzed and written up. So I am panicking just a bit. I’m going to create a simple site separate from this one and see it the issue is repeated. I will post any updates.

UPDATE!!!
I figured it out. The last thing I thought to try after creating my post was set-up a new site and try everything from scratch. Doing this I still had the same issue. So I figured I must have an issue with my installation. I uninstalled Wappler, reinstalled it and everything worked. I really thought I was losing my mind when I couldn’t figure it out. I did learn several things along the way that I helps to make the time I spent a little worthwhile. I discovered along the way that the debug feature, doesn’t allow data to load if you have it on, but rather it loads lots of debugging stuff. I;m sure some of you are saying, I should have know that, but if I did I had forgotten. The issue I had was multi-teared which in my opinion is the hardest to figure out because you can fix part of the issue and not know that you did and then if you switch it back you never figure out the issue.
thanks

1 Like