Need help: bug?

Hi all,

I’m hitting real issues that are slowing me right down and I believe it’s Wappler itself. When I ‘sometimes’ change the css of something it’s not showing on preview or on the browser. Even when I save, reload both the CSS and Wappler it doesn’t show. So I spend about half an hour figuring out what I’ve done wrong. So I close the Index.ejs file which I’m working on, re upload it and bam, it works as it should and the CSS changes show perfectly.

Added:- Sometimes it works fine for some changes, not others. Issue happens when I edit the style.css file directly and when I use the built in CSS changer.

Really stressing me out; happened on my Windows laptop and now my brand new MacBook too.

Edit: when I close my index.ejs file and then add it back all my text is blue. I then refresh it and it goes back to normal too. No idea why it’s doing that.

Please advise :slight_smile:

Are you using node.js?

Yes

For example, the issue I’m hitting right now is I have a toggle button to toggle a modal pop-up. The toggle button has a big white border which from the Styles manager shows it’s inherited from Bootstrap. So I give it a class of Style44, go into my Styles.css page I created and I want to remove the border. So I do

.style44 {
border: none;
}

Works perfectly but now when I click it, the white border stays when clicked so I do

.style44, .style44:active, .style44:hovered, .style44: visited, .style44:focused {
border: none;
}

Save it all. Preview shows it worked perfectly, no white borders. I open it on the web page and it’s got a BLUE border when clicked. Go back to Wappler and preview it, save it all, refresh, no border when clicked. Reopen a new browser tab and click the toggle and it shows a blue border when clicked. If I click on the page somewhere the blue border disappears.

Baffles me. Am I doing something wrong?

This is only happening on the Safari browser -.-

Your css is likely cached in the browser. If you open your browser dev console you can disable the cache on the network tab (a good standard state when developing). Or you can do a hard refresh.

1 Like