Multiple images upload and store on a database

Hello everyone,

I’m thinking about developing a cars ad site.

And I don’t know how to do it, back-end side to allow the download of X photos for each car. Between 1 and XX photos for example. With multiple upload images.

Do I have to create a table tb_car and a table tb_images or can I store the names of the images directly in the table tb_car.

In case I store the images of the cars in a dedicated table, how do I proceed to make the relationship between the tables? Each image recorded with the ID of the car card? How to do this?

What would be the best process?

After the images are uploaded, I would like to add the possibility to manage the order of displaying the photos? By drag and drop with automatic registration on the back-end?

Can I do it with Wappler? Or do you need to code this feature by hand?
I am a webdesigner and not a developer:-(

Is it possible to have this feature developed by Wappler experts?

Thank you in advance for your help

Thomas

To get something like this:

Have a look at this tutorial: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLUjqTJN3byC9kK8YZkmGwjo9nrEipl2yb

2 Likes

Hello Ben,

Thank you very much for your answer. This is exactly what I was looking for.

I just have to find the solution to automatically save the order of the images when they are modified. I would like to remove the Validate image order button.

Thank you again,

Thomas

For the order by image update, just add a column in your database called timestamp_updated
If you are using mysql with phpmyadmin you can specify an attribute: on update current_timestamp
Then when retrieving the data from the table, order them by this newly added column timestamp_updated desc

1 Like

Also the default value for this column should be current_timestamp