Multi record insert limitations?

I have a multi record insert form that works fine with 10/15/20 records, but as soon as I have more records in the repeat, say 80, the multi updates happen up to a point and then returns an error 500 “ER_BAD_FIELD_ERROR”

When I limit the repeat to just the single record and insert that one alone there is no error.

So it tells me the data is not the problem but maybe an unknown limitation on the server connect multi insert maybe? A timeout? or record limit?

1 Like

Can you debug and see an entire message error? Or just that’s all?

So after some trouble shooting I removed 1 field that did cause a error, and now the multi insert runs without any problems BUT it only inserts a maximum of 50 records every single time there are more than 50 items in the record repeat. The form and page shows all the items for insert, but the insert repeat stops after 50 record repeats.

Again my question is: Is there some sort of limit on record repeat with insert? I am not using paging in the query for the form data. The user also does not fill post of the fields as they are filled with a query on date select.

I am dumbfounded with this one…

Been doing some troubleshooting to see if this is a Wappler bug or my bad logic.

When I do a count() of the records that is sent from the front end form using $_POST.record.count() it counts only 50 records and not the 70 or more I have in the repeat inside the form on the page.

Is there a way to remove this limit?

If it is a Wappler bug/limit would anyone suggest I try and break the form into 2 separate forms with groups of 50 in order to accommodate my insert?

Let’s start helping you by asking basic questions:

1. What server model you are in?
  2. What Wappler version are you using?
  3. What records is stands for? Is it multi-input form or something else?
  4. How about showing some screenshot from your API workflow logic to help us better understand your issue.

Thanks for reaching out @Notum

1. node.js
  2. 5.8.2
  3. record is the repeat field inside a multi insert form.

1. The form is a repeat of member contribution amounts and the date and employer id filter determines which members show:

This employers has more than 50 members that display in this row repeats with their values.

Everything inserts perfectly but only the forst 50 everytime there are more than 50 members.

This is my api action which first repeats the amount of weeks the contributions are captured for and then inside every week repeat, it repeats the members in the form repeat.

I have tested by removing the condition, which checks if the checkbox to include the member or not is indeed checked.

I have also tested by removing the week repeat and jsut capturing for 1 week, which still stops at 50 record inserts.

The form fields inside the record repeat:

Hey @pixlapps,

As far as I have read there is no limit from wappler…
Please read this related post here

I hope it will help you find the solution

1. Try to compare numbers from view.serverconnectListMembers.data.queryMembers.count() and record.count()
  2. Check your record_insert step. Maybe there are some conditions
  3. Try to move record_repeat step above and disable repeat step. This way you’ll see if something is wrong there.
1 Like
  1. The count on the page using {{view.serverconnectListMembers.data.queryMembers.count()}} shows 151 records/lines vs the 50 that is shown in the api action:

1. The records insert has no conditions and inserts the values of the form fields inside each record repeat:

1. Already tried this suggestion and moved the insert, but it ends up at 50 again:

Looks valid.
Maybe there are some limitation indeed and I believe we need some help from @patrick or @Teodor
But while we’re waiting I would try to use a form repeat instead - Inserting Data in Main and Sub Table using App Connect Form Repeat

1 Like

Will try with the form repeat.

Maybe Wappler devs will have this working on App Connect v2 and that is why they aren’t chiming in on the current issue.

i am stuck with same issue for nodejs project. capped at 59 rows (form repeat). Seems cap is on sent rows received at server-side and does not look like it is the sever that is truncating. Same thing for both wappler local development and custom remote staging server.