MSSQL: Timeout issue with Database Connection in Manager - can the DB connection be deleted if not required

Wappler: 3.8.1
MacOS
MSSQL with ASP.NET

With one of the remote databases, I am getting Timeout error (15000ms Timeout) when testing under Database Manager -> Direct Database Connection. I’m not sure whether a fix was included in the latest version. All the SAs connected to this database are working correctly.

However, I’m not using Database Manager to manage this particular remote database. Can the failing connection be deleted without affecting the DB Connections under Globals? If yes, what are the correct steps to delete this?

My understanding is that I can turn the Direct Connection off under Globals for the connection I want to delete under DB Manager and then I can delete it under DB Manager.

Any assistance in this matter is greatly appreciated. Thank you.

No you can’t delete the database connect in the database manager is it is bound to the server connect one.

If you are not using direct connection, then just don’t enter the direct connection dialog… it is ment only if you want to define one.

Without the direct connection, the database manager just uses the server connect connection and it is view only.

2 Likes

Thank you @George for explaining how database connections are working in the latest version.

I will leave all the connections as they are in database manager.