Moving a Flow in App Structure Can Place a `<script>` in a `<script>` ...!

Wappler 2.7.0, Windows 10.

Purely using the App Structure GUI, I have managed to put a flow within a flow - or semantically, a script within a script - see below.

I promise this wasn’t done editing code! :slight_smile:

I was moving the flow flow_add_contact to be beneath the flow flow_edit_contact. As I released the mouse, flow_add_contact disappeared from view in the App Structure. I found it in the code as shown below, lurking inside the <script> tags of flow_edit_contact.

Best wishes,
Antony.

flows

Oh, actually, what I said above was technically not quite correct.

Because of the problems with the flow editor not saving correctly in 2.7.0, I had actually created the flow_add_contact by copying the code of the flow_edit_contact, and then editing a couple of things that were different in the html text.

I’d definitely copied it correctly in terms of semantics - I had no html errors, and the flow_add_contact had appeared in the App Structure gui.

The moving was all done using the App Structure gui.

Could the copying of the complete flow code in the code editor have caused this moving issue in the App Structure?

It has just happened again…

I created an empty Data View just above a Flow within App Structure, and I could then no longer open my Flow without getting a syntax error…

Upon further inspection, I found the Data View had been placed inside the <script> tag of the Flow:

How did you add this exactly? What element was selected and what did you select for position (inside/before/after)?

I can’t remember exactly, @Teodor… It is possible I had the Flow selected and used the default “Insert inside” option, but I would hope Wappler would certainly guard against you doing that! :slight_smile:

Actually, I do find it quite frustrating that “Insert Inside” is the default option rather than “Insert Below”, but that is just my thing!

Well, have you updated to the latest version?
This should be fixed there, so you won’t be able to accidentally do this…

App Structure

• Improved add element content panel to not allow nested insertions for components that do not allow nested tags like server connect and flow.

Oh wow, that is what that means!

No, it only came out a couple of hours ago… but I’ll take a look! :slight_smile:

Thanks for your prompt response as always, @Teodor!

1 Like