Monaco Editor: Support Navigation Shortcuts

Request to please add below shortcuts to the new Monaco Editor:

The customization of shortcuts using key bindings is quite good in VSCode. I would hope to see that integrated in Wappler someday too.

Since this is seems like a big task, requesting just one shortcut support here for now.

Bump. :crossed_fingers:

The workbench actions in VSCode are not shortcuts from the monaco editor. We already have some navigation shortcuts for navigating in tabs/designview/codeview, what does the navigateBack and navigateForward actions in VSCode do?

In the monaco editor they didn’t make it possible to edit the key bindings. I can add custom actions with key bindings, but not edit the existing once. There is a feature request for it since 2016 (https://github.com/microsoft/monaco-editor/issues/102), still not implemented.

It just navigates between the last cursor position. So if I am one one part of the code. Then say I click some item in the right panel and the cursor is navigated to that code. With the shortcut, I can go back to the previous line.
This also works between pages in Visual Studio. Don’t know about VSCode.

Sid, did this finally happen?

Unfortunately not. I still miss this. Would be a great productivity booster.

Thanks for the bump. :grinning:

1 Like

You have been a major contributor to Wappler over the years.

Do you have tutorials up?

Or a Node.js demo I could purchase?

Again: Unfortunately not.
We discovered and experimented with Wappler as a tool to use in our company. We have planned a few times on building tutorials/demos, but our client-work does not leave us with much time.

Not to sway away from the topic, we still have dormant plans around launching Wappler help/support/docs related content in future.

1 Like

I am looking forward to that!