Mobile updates?

Primarily I’d like to see backward compatibility with what is currently available so good testing before roll-out would be my request, that whatever updates are deployed previous Projects still function and compile without breakages.

Then without being too greedy we would like to see Flutter and Firebase integration.

Have never used FW7 so can’t comment much about that side. Maybe I should investigate a little further in to its capabilities…

:slight_smile:

2 Likes

I mentioned this the other day but I’ve been using AppGyver recently instead of Wappler for mobile projects. Forgetting the underlying frameworks for a minute, AppGyver for me is the saviour like Wappler was to Bubble. Reasonably simple to use with a great UI, small amounts of coding/formulas required but they can handle the deployment side.

That’s where I’d like to see the mobile side anyways.

2 Likes

its very limiting compared to what wappler is offering (when its done)

I’ll agree that certain complex applications would not be possible but with the custom JS function, most use cases can be built.

I’ve just watched their intro video and it does look impressive. I then clicked on Pricing to see what it costs. Have I understood correctly that it’s completely free? (I’m not quite at $10m revenue yet!)

Yes, Composer Pro (the visual builder) is free to use for us plebs and they include the build service too.

There’s a mongo-db based service included for development but you’ll need to roll your own database or backend service for production which is no problem as we have Wappler for that.

I think there was a limit on the CDN storage too but can’t remember what that is, possibly a couple of GB.

They are building a production ready DB/backend builder but I believe that will be available only on a subscription plan

2 Likes

I like AppGyver, especially their data source handling with schema discovery from external web services and their simple preview & APK build service. But because they hold the source code on their servers it’s a risk if they discontinue or go bust. You’ll never be able to update your app again without redeveloping it from scratch.
That’s why I like Wappler for building websites as the source code lives locally and it’s portable into any editor should something happen to Wappler. :scream: I need the same physical possession of the code for developing apps which Wappler will provide, but as yet it’s a long way off from AppGyver. Nice to see mobile improvements in v3.3.0 - you’re showing mobile developers some long awaited love! :heart:
Thank you! I think things are going to get exciting over the next few months, right? :grin:

3 Likes