Mobile App: Login successful but not retrieving identity

Is the api running on a complete different host, so not on localhost? Perhaps it is the SameSite attribute that is causing the issue, this is something that changed since Chrome 80.

1 Like

Yes, the API is on a live web app on a remote server.

I’m testing on localhost but with 2 servers on different ports. Maybe that also matters for the cookies, in my case I get the cookie. I can test the CORS issues in my setup, but I believe the cookies see it as the same site.

So what do I need to change?

I sent you my project in DM …

Leave all the Security Provider cookie options to their defaults Brad. I’ll now bow out as don’t want to confuse my responses with that of Patrick’s far more educated responses.

I should add that at this point I’m not concerned with getting it to work in browser. It shouldn’t ever be accessed by a browser anyways.

Everything is fine with Android but I do need to find out why iOS is completely locked out of the API site now.

Oh so close!

Browser still doesn’t work but I don’t care.

I was able to unlock the iOS access to the API by changing the CORS setting back to *. iOS now has access to the API but still doesn’t login.

So if we can just get the iOS login to work I can leave @patrick alone ! :wink: :beers:

You may be back to the link I originally posted. I have no idea if this is still on the critical path, but a year ago it was imperative for login in iOS.

I heard there are indeed some problems with the WKWebView in iOS, there are plugins for Cordova which should help fix the issue.

This is marked as fixed in next release? Did we fix it on iOS, @patrick?

All fixed now in the latest update @brad and @mebeingken - we empower the newest Cordova for iOS 6.2 that has finally after years fix for using cookies well on iOS. So no more hacks needed and the WKWebView is used by default.

So to use it now in Wappler 3.8.2:

For the full Cordova for iOS 6.2, see also:
https://cordova.apache.org/announcements/2021/02/04/cordova-ios-release-6.2.0.html

2 Likes

Going to test this out now. @patrick is a freaking god. I think I used up my whole subscription cost in personal support from him this last couple days.

Thanks for the MASSIVE mobile update!

@George … still no login success with iOS :frowning:

Is there some other DMX files that need to be updated?

Cordova Packages:

cli: 10.0.0
    common: 4.0.2
    create: 3.0.0
    lib: 10.0.0
        common: 4.0.2
        fetch: 3.0.1
        serve: 4.0.0

Project Installed Platforms:

android: 9.0.0
ios: 6.2.0

This should be now fixed in Wappler 3.8.2

1 Like

App Connect was also update for iOS, so maybe you have to open a page with App Connect and save it again to get the new file.

1 Like

All good. It’s working great! Thank you so much!

This topic was automatically closed after 45 hours. New replies are no longer allowed.