Meta Name and Base href

Just recently when I compose a new web page there are two variables set Meta Name and Base href.

When they are set; the page works fine on the development server but once the page is uploaded to the live production site these pages break. It appears as the path gets changed and thus any future page fails also. I tried removing these lines but they reappear once the page is saved.

Can anyone tell me why these two variables are set? Thanks Jim

Please I need some help.

Why are the meta name and base ref variables being set in the latest software version? The page works correctly on the local site but once the page is uploaded to the production site it results in an error 404.

The variables are set because you have URL rewriting turned on. As long as they are turned on, they will auto populate upon save.

From what I know, these params get set by Wappler based on the project folder settings in your target’s settings.
For example, here I see references to /knights which basically means your page is inside this folder.
This helps Wappler’s routing logic to correctly identify path to various files.

For sanity, it is recommended to make sure the dev & production have the same folder structure. Else, everytime you deploy, you will have to update these values in all the relevant pages manually.

Thank you for your solution./ I did find this setting and turned it off and all is well again.