Medium editor or Summernote in Modul

I moved my data update to a modul some timeago and could not figure out why the medium editor functions didn’t work. I use dynamic data.

Is it because it is in a modul? I tried using summernote and I can’t figure out how to default the input to my data.

Which should I be using?

1 Like

I don’t see tabindex="-1" in the code nor the dom panel and could not get it to work. There is a “use in modul” checkmark but that doesn’t appear to work either. I tied toggleing it to see what it added.

I’m going back to medium editor which doesn’t work but at least I can link the data. Frustrating.

Medium editor is not really recommended, it’s an old and not maintained component.
What is the exact issue you are having with the Summernote component? By modUl i assume you are referring to modAl? If so, please explain the problem more detailed than “It doesn’t work”

Using the interface with summernote I am unable to default the value by using Dynamic attributes, Input, Value from my database. thank you

I don’t see how is this related to using summernote in a modal?
I noticed there’s some issue with some users not seeing the Summernote > Value in the dynamic attributes, but it’s not clear when exactly does this happen. You can try switching the summernote theme from Lite to Bootstrap 5 or the other way around, then save the page to see if this fixes the issue.

Or even easier, you can just add it in the code of the text area…

dmx-bind:value="your_dynamic_expression"

For info, that’s exactly how I cured it, did version switches and the attribute suddenly appeared.

If I change to bootstrap 4 i get the summernote option but back to 5 I do not. Apparently Boottrap componenets not fully installed?

Do you change the summernote theme to bootstrap 4 or do you change the bootstrap framework version on the page?

bootstrap framework version on the page

You should not just change bootstrap on your page… use the one you are using for your project. I am referring to the summernote theme option, check my post again.

changing the theme in the summernote text area properties did not give me an nput option either

I added it on main mage and tried that didn’t wotk either so i changed the page to summernote 4 and I get the summernote menu (also in the modal) but that is the only scenario I see it

Have not been able to track down cause exactly butvi think there is an issue still with components being added to the layout page incorrectly. For example still get al the language files added sometimes but not always. Get lots of prompts to update components, excessively in my opinion.

I don’t know what the issue on your page is as I can’t recreate it, but you can just add the dynamic value manually to the textarea as I explained above.

A post was split to a new topic: Summernote doesn’t display