Mass image upload - Best way for clients to upload files and the access it remotely?

Hi Brad… ok so the trick would be NOT to use drop-zone… that makes sense then… as the multi upload will “loop” with the repeat?? or is this the wrong idea… so it will basically “POST” the data of one image to the server… and then only do the next one… so as long as the images is less than the server upload limit …then i wont have an issue… is that correct?

That’s correct. I am not at my computer right now or I would get you as screenshot of my server action.

1 Like

Cool whenever you can would be much appreciated… … as its almost 9pm here … ready for bed… :wink: thanks for the heads up on the multi upload… and I was so fixated with dropzone… that i missed that totally…

I’m not convinced the way the uploads are processed are any different between regular multi-upload and dropzone. Isn’t it just a UI difference? Server Connect would process it the same, wouldn’t it?

1 Like

Well that was the main question… i was wondering about that myself… if you have the answer for me on that one… then it would be great… because i thought drop-zone used all the images in it as 1 POST size… but i have no idea…

Yes, it’s the same as multi upload. Just differently designed. It works the same way in Server Connect.

2 Likes

I have two resize and save steps because I am also creating thumbnails.

1 Like

thanks Teodor… so i can add 500 images to the drop zone and it will not time out? ill give this a go then… thank you… ill make sure the POST image upload size on the sever is at least 6MB or something

If this is a one time only affair why not initially run a Server Action that simply copies the contents of one directory to another all server side for now… No forms just an Action, run it, job done, well at least for the first 500 (obviously if these images are located on your server). We did this recently with GB’s of images while shutting down a server and wanted all the media in a single directory for easy migration. We did turn up the memory allocated to PHP and the timeout period just as a precaution but it all run and completed fine.

:wink:

1 Like

Thanks for the idea… but these images will be posted from a clients website to the sever… its a gallery page … so the alternative was to get them FTP access… but that was going to open the sever up to load of risks… but thanks for sharing that idea… im sure it will be used by somebody…

1 Like