MariaDB NOT IN Statement Not working with Array

Hi All,

Wappler: 6.3.3 stable
Win 11
MariaDB

I’m having issues with a NOT IN statement not behaving as it should. I have 16 example records q0 of them have courses in a table for next month and 6 dont. I need to find the IDs of the 6 that dont ahve the courses listed.

I have an array list, I have set a test value ‘FinalUIDList’ below it:

The above outputs the following:

TotalUIDs

FinalUIDList

The above array pulls out a list of 10 UIDs that I need to use to filter a MySQL query:

SELECT UID,Company,CompEmail,ContactName FROM mydb.ropecomp 
WHERE UID  NOT IN (:P1) 
AND Trainer = 'Yes' 
AND AccountLevel >0 

When I hard code the array (10 records) into the query it works as it should, it shows the 6 records that are not in the array above:

WHERE UID  NOT IN (11081,11095,12233,6040,7995,9172,9017,7074,11085,12245) 
AND Trainer = 'Yes' 
AND AccountLevel >0 

I’ve tried all variations on the above but I still cant get the NOT IN statement to return the correct records, can anyone out there lend a hand please?

Something says to me I don’t fully understand the issue, but
Have you tried: TotalUIDS.join(',', 'UID').split(',') ?

I made a test and got it working:
Two tables:
One: 1,2,3
Two: 1,2,3,4

The query returns the items that are not in the array.

1 Like

Agree with @franse, Works fine for me also.
Buy we use simple query not custom…
I tried custom query and couldn’t make it

I think you’ll need to get rid of :P1 and literally inject the expression there {{TotalUIDs}}

Be aware, for security purposes, you need to guarantee list will only contain numbers, else becomes a SQL Injection security vulnerability

FinalUIDList should have square brackets, did you miss those? Not that it matters for the current solution, it’s just a potentially important detail

@Apple @franse @famousmag appreciate the feedback but still no solution, I tried everything above and I still cant get correct records.

I forgot to mention, this is a Scheduled task so I tried just creating a ‘normal’ API and still get the same results.

The SQL is fine, its the way Wappler is handling the :P1 Parameter that’s the issue here I think, I’m kind of suspecting its a bug at this moment in time. This is a fairly simple statement so I’m surprised its causing any issues.

Injecting the expression {{TotalUIDs}} just caused an error.

Any more ideas?

Can you show the error? It might be something trivial

Interesting, seems it’s no longer possible to inject expressions into the SQL query

New approach, adapt to yours:

SELECT product_id, product_name, category
FROM products
WHERE category IN (SELECT TRIM(value) FROM STRING_SPLIT(:P1, ','));

Source

Can you explain the data structure?
Is the data in two tables or are we back on comma separated list territory.
If tables this should be possible via a left join without the need for arrays.

Its a simple structure, from only one table
UID,Company,CompEmail,ContactName

The SQL is sound, its taken from a working site (ASP Classic) thats been working for years.

The issue is with the way Wappler is formatting the data, a Wappler array is created from the MySQL query:

SELECT  DISTINCT CID FROM mydb.courses 
WHERE MONTH(StartDate)  = MONTH(NOW() + INTERVAL 1 MONTH)

The above statement pulls out 10 records from a possible 16, those records are used to create the Wappler created array listed above, here it is again:

The array is then used to select the remaining (6) records that are not in the array above:

WHERE UID  NOT IN (:P1) 
AND Trainer = 'Yes' 
AND AccountLevel >0 

the problem is here: (:P1)

I’m going to report this as a bug as there’s clearly an issue with the formatting of the Wappler created array.

I can’t use NOT IN with a custom query neither, maybe it’s a bug.
But why you can’t do this with a simple query?
Sorry if it’s an obvious question and I’m not seeing viable that workaround

You have 16 records on a table, 10 inside an array and you need to retrieve the other 6?

I’ve tried this using {{TotalUIDs}} as the condition in a simple query but get this error:

What about:
{{TotalUIDs.join(',', 'UID').split(',')}}

I tried this one earlier, it gave the following:

Can you show the query with the code input?

Something is wrong
I can see it’s not formatted (It should be green instead of blue) can you show the code?

sorry, my fault, it was highlighted when i copied it so it was blue instead of green

The array schema is correct? UID is the item?
Or how does it look?