Make repeat children hides the contents

OS info

• Operating System : Windows 10.0.18363
  • Wappler Version : 2.7.2

I am following this tutorial: https://docs.wappler.io/t/nested-repeat-regions/5165

When I click on “Make repeat children” on the row, the data within that row is suddenly gone. According to the tutorial it should work. Maybe I’m doing something wrong?

Screenshare:

Nested Repeats are Repeats nested within a Repeat. Are you sure you’re not trying to add a Detail Area?

This is actually not a bug but a logical feature.

You have made an repeat region that doesn’t have a repeating expression yet - so there is nothing to repeat.

Once you assign an expression then the items will show up as many times as the expression results in.

Sorry for that. I did actually add an expression (see video at 40 seconds).

Is there maybe a different tutorial I can follow?

I had the same issue but managed to find a solution.
It seems theres a bug with the Expression input under the Repeat Properties, the expression somehow gets erased when the focus is gone.

The simple solution is to simply copy the expression generated the in the Data Bindings panel and manually paste it in the Expression input, press enter and it should stick.

Good luck

I am having the same issue. As soon as I click on the “Make Repeat Children” Property, the sample records disappear. And no records are displayed even after adding the server connect expression.
If I enter 5 or 10 number values in the expression field, the sample rows are repeated as many times.
I have another table on the page and it is working correctly. This table has less than 10 records to display from the database.
I am not sure whether there is an issue due to the number of records. The table that is not working has ~8k records and is running as a View in the database.
@meridia I tried your suggested solution, but when I enter the expression manually, it is not accepted as a binding. Could you please send me an example of the expression you have entered and where I need to enter it manually? Thank you.