MacBook Pro with BigSur Non Responsive and Fan Running

300 MB of memory usage is normal and not that much.

@George I think you should check not the selected item but the one on top, seems that nwjs Helper (GPU) is using 47.73 GB memory.

Did Wappler run for a very long time? How is memory usage after you restart your MacBook, I can’t imagine it uses this directly, maybe somewhere there is still some memory leak and memory keeps increasing over time.

I’ve been working Wappler for a couple of hours. The 47 GB was virtual. The work that I’ve been doing is converting old DMXzone BS 3 pages. A lot of editing, i.e., deletes, copy and paste.

However, these lockup’s and freezes has been during these types of sessions with two or more pages opened. The save command becomes inoperable and only a Wappler restart will cure the issue.

Could be my hard drive is filling up, and the background uploading to iCloud is robbing the resources?

If you want, I can send another debug log, if you think it will help.

Just quit Wappler fully, make sure no NWJS processes are running and start it up again.

1 Like

This is the exact behavior I’m experiencing. I ended up wiping my macbook this morning to get a clean slate, reinstalling Mac OS Big Sur 11.2. Wappler, Chrome, and NodeJS were reinstalled only. There is no other applications on my mac book. The issue is much better but it’s been a couple hours only; I’ll continue to monitor it. This appears to be a memory leak/ CPU usage issue with Wappler + nwjs Helper (renderer).

I’ll keep you posted.

2 Likes

Great to hear! Yes some background processes can’t be really seen but they do interfere. Usually related to weird antivirus programs.

Have to admit, and I don’t have big sur on my mac - but probably for the last 4/5 weeks my Mac has really struggled to handle Wappler, when compared to when I first started using Wappler. Fan running, mac slows etc.

Just some fyi extra data:

My “Mac fan ramping up” issues were usually when I was bouncing back and forth with Xcode or Android for simulators and build submits. I never could track down the issue, but it was definitely there. Haven’t been in a mobile project for a few months, and also have not had any issues with the fan spinning up.

A post was split to a new topic: Wappler freezing on Windows 10