Loosening of "What Can Be Placed in What" Rules in App Structure Window

I keep trying to move elements inside other elements in the App Structure window and finding it isn’t possible, when it is definitely semantically possible in HTML.

This is a feature request to open up some of those rules, specifically for moving:
(semantics shown in brackets)

• A Row within a Repeat (div within div) - this cannot be created or moved…
  • A Section within a Section (section within section)
  • A Container within a Container (div within div)

Others to be added to the list as I find them!

Best wishes,
Antony.

PS - it seems moving these things is possible in the DOM but not in the App Struture… :thinking:

I’m not sure if I ever use sections within section, but I’ve just tried and it seems to be an option, just using the App Structure panel:

I haven’t noticed the issue with a row within a repeat - I think I always use code view for this - but I see what you mean. I’m sure I’ve seen people demonstrating this in videos, using the UI alone, so perhaps I/we are doing something wrong.

Hey @TomD, thanks for your input… I have realised a semantic error in my original post… the issue isn’t in being able to create one item to be within another, it is in being able to move one to be within another.

I have edited the post accordingly.

Thanks for that! :slight_smile:

I see what you mean. Yes - this seems to be an oversight, in both examples you give (and I think there are others, as you suggest).