Looking for resources on how to build a matching algorithm

Hey everyone,

So as the title suggests, I’m interested in building a matching algorithm in Wappler. I get that Wappler could eat that task for breakfast, lunch and dinner, but as a user with no professional or even novice development experience, I’m looking for a step by step guide similar to what has been created for Bubble users that is a blueprint for how to create such an algorithm without having to use any code. This is the URL for one of these step by step guides. https://bubble.io/blog/build-uber-clone-no-code/ There’s also a video of an instructor that Bubble recruited who teaches this also.

If anyone can provide links to such materials that would be amazing.

What I want to do basically is enable profiles of users, I’ll call them Set A, to be matched, based on a set of variables (user attributes), with another set of users, I’ll call them Set B, who can opt to provide a function directly to Set A users so that Set A users can gain access to opportunities where they can earn compensation from a role that they would be paid for.

The above matching process is what I’d need the algorithm to enable.

If anyone has any suggestions, I’d really appreciate it! Thank you!!

You may look to leverage SmartMatchApp.com APIs for this. It might help.

Hi @nshkrsh thanks for your reply! I should’ve mentioned in my original post that I’m not a developer, not even a novice one. That’s why a step by step guide that Bubble provides is so incredibly helpful. I’m hoping that I can build this algorithm without needing coding skills.

Looking at the URL you provided, it doesn’t appear to be what I’m looking for actually. My apologies if I misunderstood the contents of the URL. In case I didn’t, I’m looking for either a plug-in that seemlessly integrates into Wappler (like Bubble’s free Palterion plug-in) or for knowledge of the tools that are native to Wappler already that allow you to build this kind of algorithm. I would honestly be surprised if Wappler doesn’t have this functionality because Bubble does.

So I’ve studied this more and it appears that I am looking for the equivalent in Wappler to what Bubble refers to as “connect” your app’s “workflows” together, which, in my case, would be a database of users and their data with my app’s design elements and create an algorithm that is basically just logic that tells the app what to do with all that data that is used to match users together and how to make it appear on the design elements.

This video https://bubble.io/video-course/basic-principles-1600816545821x449874381523124200 , refers a bit more closely to what I’m looking for at 1:49-1:55

Wappler doesn’t have that functionality out-of-the-box but allows anyone to build it and integrate it into their product.

The main difference here is that Bubble has a huge commercial marketplace for plugins. That is the reason why you can find such plugins in Bubble.

Nobody has requested something like this before so there are no materials about it. Once you learn Wappler you should be able to build a basic matching algorithm.

once you are able to break down the logical steps of your proposed algo, you should be able to build that as a Wappler API or multiple APIs.

Bubble provides (first party or third party) plugins to do a lot of things - but fundamentally - they keep you locked in to the platform - which is a deal breaker for many.

Wappler is a much powerful tool that allows you to build those plugin functionalities yourselves - with little code though sometimes! other times, you can just tie it all up with using the native Wappler steps on server or client side.

the website i shared does a lot of matching stuff - so if you want to avoid building your own algo, want a faster solution, perhaps speak to them and understand how you can use their APIs with your data to perform the matching that you want to do.