Looking for Linode.com alternative

I have been using Linode.com for hosting 3 sites running Linux versions for node.js applications – but I want to move to an alternative.

I’m looking for linux hosting with datacenters in Germany.
Atlantic.net , CloudSigma, Hetzner, Liquidweb, Sandstorm, Vultr are some alternatives I am looking at without knowing in each case, except for Hetzner, their cloud locations yet

I do not want to mess with Amazon services.
It would be great to have a comprehensive UI, which Linode doesn’t provide, to also see file structure without having to use a separate FTP client all the time.

Any suggestions from experience, kind Ladies and Gentlemen?

Digital Ocean all the way! Wappler works flawlessly, easy set-up, simple management, intuitive uncluttered UI. Super fast support for Germany since 2015. Very inexpensive compared to other service providers. Can’t rate them highly enough! And as far as I know you still get a healthy credit if you sign-up with Wappler (up to 100 Dollars of credit).

Just use the built in file connector (select Local or Target as an option). No need for FTP at all.

1 Like

I’ve been using Hetzner Cloud for +3 years, very happy with them!

In alternative, from the options you’re looking at, I’d probably recommend Digital Ocean

Note for the file manager thing, either use Wappler’s or you’re looking for shared hosting and not a VPS like you have on Linode (which you’d have the same as in Hetzner and Digital Ocean)

2 Likes

I am for Hetzner.

2 Likes