Load Image - auto orient not working for IOS (Safari)

Wappler Version : 4.7.3
Operating System : Mac M1
Server Model: PHP
Database Type: Maria
Hosting Type: AWS Docker

When using the auto-orient option of the Load Image server action, it doesn’t seem to apply for IOS. I can upload images from desktop Chrome and it respects the orientation but not from a phone (from the camera roll or from a taken photo)

Just in case it makes a difference, I’m using a Dropzone within a Server Connect Form. On the server I load the image, resize it and save before uploading to S3

Edit: I just tried Chrome on IOS and get the same

Probably something with EXIF data from the iphone photos?
Are you testing with the same photos on your desktop, keeping the original iphone photo EXIF data?

I’m sure you’re right about the EXIF data. I just tried a photo from iCloud files and it worked fine. How do we solve it though?

php - Image upload from iPhone strips exif data - Stack Overflow

It is correct that iOS strips exif data. This is also not a bug in iOS but actually a feature. This is because the apple strategy is to create a fail-safe product. “If you can not do strange things, strange things will not happen”. It tries to protect the user in every way imaginable. It also protects the user when uploading images. In the exif there may be data that can hurt the users privacy. Things like GPS coordinates, but even a timestamp can hurt a user (imagine you uploading a beach picture with a timestamp from a moment you reported in sick with the boss). So basically it is a safety meassure to strip all exif data.