Learning difficulties

I appreciate what Wappler is.
But I must admit that it is basically a crime to have so few training materials for such an interesting and needed program.

Yes, I checked the course and youtube channel. And Doc files as well, but let’s be honest: it is difficult for a beginner to learn from outdated materials. And all this knowledge is fragmented.

What I really liked about Bubble is their articles, where they quickly showed how you can quickly create clones of well-known services. Such as Patreon, Twitter, Airbnb, and so on. It was simply amazing and fun to learn from it since they covered the entire process from A to Z.

It is really needed. I would be happy to pay for such courses.

1 Like

Hi @Seanid, welcome to the community :slight_smile:

I completely understand your comments. It’s such a tricky one. Wappler evolves at a frightening pace. Every week a new version is released which has a lot going on since the previous version.

I’ve never used Bubble but there are a number here who have come from it because of its limitations. My summary is that Bubble is aimed at the complete non-coder and promises to enable full app/site development with little learning curve and no programming knowledge. But that means it can only go so far before you hit its limits.

Wappler is aimed at the coder (this is my view, not necessarily an official view) and enables a much faster development experience with solid code and no errors. I can build a complete system including login, data lists, editing, all responsive, etc. in just a few hours with Wappler. But this means there is more work involved from the developer.

Have you tried this course?
https://community.wappler.io/t/wappler-getting-started-course/26210/96

This will give you all you need to get into Wappler and understand how it works. v4 has changed some of the screen layouts but the fundamentals remain the same.

I share your desire for updated documentation. I know the team are working on that but I have no idea what the timeline is.

This community is possibly the best I’ve ever been a part of so make use of it. You will likely find what you need by searching it but, if you don’t, just ask. There are many who are very experiences with Wappler who can steer you in the right direction.

2 Likes