Last chance to test beta channel

The last fixes for App Connect 2 are now included, so this means that all open bugs are now fixed and App Connect 2 is now ready for the final release.

If we don’t receive any more bug reports we will be releasing App Connect 2 as final in the next week.

Last chance to test your projects! I highly suggest you test out the beta channel while you can. I am very curious as to how the stable release will be rolled out. What will be the procedure once it moves to stable?

2 Likes

I have an only single doubt, surely it was answered before, but couldn’t find:

Lets say a future Wappler 6.5 or 7 has all of this as stable and not as beta anymore.
In case we missed something, can we download Wappler 6.4.X, revert all and set as stable the assets we need from this current version?
I know there are some cases users don’t upgrade, but never thought of downgrade it.
Stable assets are stored locally?
In that case, where it’s located, appdata/local? Or appdata/roaming?

Sorry if it sounds obvious :sweat:

1 Like

I wonder if the Wappler team could allow switching versions of app connect and other site files without uninstalling the new version of Wappler.

For example, if we’re on Version 7, you could always downgrade the site files by selecting a different version of files in Project Options or System Options. Similar to how you can switch between Beta and Stable channel.

Allowing pervious versions of the files would be a bit complex for Wappler - I assume - because of the weekly releases. It would require a lot of meta-data to allow switching version of your project or even downgrading Wappler itself.
One of the reasons could also be that you build something with some new feature, and then when you want to downgrade, it would crash your application.

TLDR: Use Git. Keep backup of Wappler installation files.

Git is the best option to tackle this. You know exactly what is being changed, and have the option to discard the changes.
Its scary to start using Git, specially in teams, but once you bit the bullet, go through a few iterations of hit-and-trial, you can never go back.

Since version 5 (I think), updating files using the project updater has made things a bit easier as well. With this, Wappler no longer updates the files automatically, so its under my control. And when I do update, I can verify the changes with Git.

For worst case scenario, we have been keeping backups of Wappler installation file for Windows since 1.9.1 (one of the first cases where we faced a major problem after a Wappler update) and Mac Silicon since it started. 46.3GB and counting. So if you need any previous version, message me.

2 Likes