JSON & JS Form builder with Wappler

Hi…just wondered if anyone had any insight/experience of using JSON form generators with Wappler? So for my app to contain a form builder for people to build custom forms. I have a functional offering direct in Wappler but would like for this to be slicker and more expansive (more options, easier to build longer forms etc).

I’ve been looking at Formio, I can run a stand alone form server using caprover one click app, but this and the API seems overkill. It looks like both the form creator and renderer can be run just in the browser to generate the JSON and just save to the DB…if so then why the need for the API/seperate server?

Also looking at BPNM which is good functionally but not quite so user friendly, or as good with bootstrap etc.

Any other thoughts or suggestions would be very welcome! Database is Maria DB.

1 Like

I’ve integrated surveyjs - surveyjs.io

Their system is modular, JSON driven and extremely flexible.

1 Like

Thanks, that looks a good option. Downside of jQuery and a price tag but it does look to cover what I’m after very well. Up and running with the builder very quickly…the form builder is great, easy to use and simple for users to implement some very complex logic in their forms.

A couple of questions if you don’t mind, appreciate they may not be relevant to your use case…

1. Have you been able to upload files via the surveys and store them in S3 for retrieval (looking at the docs this looks like it may be feasible via the API)?
  2. Do you use it with the dashboard addon, any thoughts on the usefulness of this if so?

I use it in a way that’s completely free and in line with the licensing. All the survey data , including configuration and results, are in my database as native JSON. That is a huge bonus. jQuery has no drawbacks to me - it’s simply an include from my perspective

Don’t use the dashboard - our needs are well beyond its capability.

We integrated both Formio and SurveyJS in different Wappler projects a couple or more years ago.
Formio is a bit more advanced, but their opensource version’s options and docs are not good. So paying for SurveyJS would be my choice.

SurveyJS is a much better fit for Wappler in my opinion.

Don’t remember using S3 option, but it should work fine. Haven’t used Dashboard add-on.

1 Like