Issue with Saving Changes on serverside

Wappler Version : v5.8.2
Operating System : macOS 13.4.1
Server Model: NodeJS
Database Type: MySQL
Hosting Type: localhost

Each time I make changes to a value within Wappler API Workflows and click “OK” to save the modifications, the changes do not get saved. This occurs consistently, regardless of the type of value I’m trying to modify, I have to apply changes at least two times to save values.

I think this happens if you have your files stored on a remotely synchronised system such as Dropbox or OneDrive…

Not my case

If you can reproduce the issue then restart wappler in debug mode, recreate the issue and attach the debug log here:

Also maybe record some video showing the issue.

I could record my screen, check it out. I sometimes have to edit the action two times to save parameters.

Grabación de pantalla 2023-07-26 a la(s) 18.16.02

Turn off One Drive syncing while you work.

I’m not syncing with any cloud platform

I have to say that I have the same problem too. I thought it was iCloud but I recently moved all my projects locally (not synced to any cloud service at all) and still get the same issue. It is hard to pinpoint a cause because it is so inconsistent when it happens. I do find that using CMD+S when a query window is open quite consistently stops any subsequent changes being saved but have experienced non-saving when I haven’t done this too.

Thank you for sharing your experience and confirming that you are facing the same issue. It’s indeed frustrating when changes are not saved consistently, even after moving projects locally and not using any cloud service (my case).

I’ve also been using CMD+S when saving queries, and like you mentioned, it seems to be one of the triggers for the non-saving behavior. Also when clicking “Ok” after making changes, they are not being saved.

The inconsistency of this issue makes it difficult to record the error as it doesn’t happen predictably. I’ve tried various scenarios to reproduce the problem reliably, but it appears to be somewhat elusive.

Same for me, yesterday on php and localhost with no cloud sync.
Didn’t understand anything until I found that a simple query wasn’t “really” saved.
I agree that it’s a little complicated to reply by my own.
Sometimes happens, sometimes not.

Maybe it’s part of the same problem:

Can you please do what described here:

and attach the debug log here.

Same behaviour as I had.

My work around was move away from saving projects files on GDrive.

Same issue been driving me crazy, not syncing with any cloud platform, happens randomly, I’m sure i have closed the api after saving only to reopen it later to find it reverted back to original state before save???.