Issue creating folders. IIS / Classic ASP

Wappler Version : 4.4.1 experimental
Operating System : Windows 10
Server Model: IIS
Database Type: m$ SQL
Hosting Type: virtual IIS Server/classic ASP

Expected behavior

Having issue with being able to create a folder, Initially I was trying to upload an image that created a folder to store it. I kept getting “file already exists” errors. A week or so ago this seemed to work no problem. But today I seem to be having an issue. Nothing should have changed at the server to cause issues. So I created a test page that only just creates a folder and still get the “file already exisits” so I’m thinking it has something to do with this? It could be “rights” at server changed somehow? Or something is buggy with a recent version of Wappler.

Actual behavior

I get a “file already exists” error

How to reproduce

I created a test page with only a single line in the SC workflow and a page to submit the form to launch it. The rights should be good to this folder to create?
http://hawkeyeboatbrokers.com/uploadfoldertest.asp

@patrick @george

Please check on the server, do you have a file there with the same name as the folder name perhaps.

no there is no matching name. I’ve tried several different names. Its creating any kind of folder. I originally had just uploading a file (which works), and had it checked to create folder if it didn’t exist. That didn’t work, and then I got it down to the folder creation seems to be the issue.

I was trying to figure out another way to test the problem, but this seems like the only way? What other way could I test the issue?

This is an older site too, that I am rebuilding. Is there a way one of the files could be older or not replaced correclty? I know there is a procedure to delete a certain folder and then it will recreate that with the newest files? I just don’t remember what folder that is? And how it get it to repopulate?

If I manually create the folder at the server and then upload and resize the images, they all upload and resize correctly. Its just having issues creating the folder? Could that be a rights thing? Seems if its letting me upload, and resize correclty, that that should cover creating the folder too?

It is possible that you have not enough permissions in the top folder. Is it possible for you to check the permissions for that folder, probably asp/iis doesn’t have the permission to write to it.

I am able to upload photos, and do things like resize and rotate photos etc. That all seems to work if the folder is already created. I do have access to the server. Is there a document that shows what the specific server rights for IIS should be?

ok, I have it working. Something was jacked up at the hosting company, which they “magically” fixed. But all is good now. But still, I’ve been doing this stuff for a while and still seem to have issues with the host on telling them what rights I need. Would be awesome to develop a guide, that we could send to hosting companies to give them some guidance on configuration. One for Apache, One for IIS, Node, at least for starts? I’m sure other people have the same issues from time to time.

Have a great weekend everyone!