Is there a way to run two projects in Wappler apps at once?

Switching back n forth between Server app and Mobile app works great, but I would prefer to have both open to speed up development. Is there a way to do this?

Could get away with it when the Beta was available by running the release and the Beta at the same time although did cause some weirdness to occur, but don’t believe it is possible now Keith unfortunately.

1 Like

Its been a dream of mine for a while, but no you can’t, I run 2 computers, both with Wappler and screen share so I can see what I did on one project and replicate parts as needed as I can copy and paste from te screenshared computer to the main one.
Not ideal, but gets around the problems we face, in reality I do not know of many/any apps where you can run multiple instances of the same application at the same time.

What would be great would be if they had a wappler reader only app, that you could open a project to view only without edit capabilities, just copy and paste or something. Alternatively a server action reader app that you could just open the Server Actions to see what other projects used.

2 Likes

Could be a nice feature, thought about it, too.

Wouldn’t be a quick publish to a local server a easier, quicker work flow?

I have done it in the past on Windows by running a second copy in a hyper-v session. Not ideal but it works.
I assume it would also work using a VM on mac.

Well there is a similar feature request about this, hope we can get to it soon:

5 Likes