Is it possible to build this with no code?

Is it possible to build something similar to this web app in Wappler?

Not the front page portion but the web app tool itself. Kind of reminds me of the AirDev Canvas template in Bubble. I have checked over there and it seems it is possible with Bubble.

I imagine it would be possible in Wapler but would it involve custom code at all?

www.softr.io

Thank you

Better still, I could produce the tool itself using Wappler; Softr is a gimick compared to what Wappler can do.

3 Likes

I agree 100% but really just trying to get an idea how far one can go without code while still building unique apps. Not your typical CRM, Airbnb, facebook clones and standard apps.

Honestly, the way the Wappler application is designed you could and should pretty much do most things without using any code at all.

It depends a little on your definition of code as some of the bindings etc. to a non coder may look like code on the surface but they are more like file directory paths just oddly formatted. The Wappler GUI will add the correct codes in when you select the correct binding though, so it is still point and click to you.

It is not as easy to use as a design application, but it is also not that much more difficult either once you get to grips with the concepts behind how things work.

All this being said it also depends on what you want to do, Wappler can do ANYTHING, if you yourself can do anything, as it is extended by standard Html, Css, Php, Node, Asp, JQuery, Javascript and more standard programming languages, therefore if your particular application built entirely using the Wappler GUI is 90% perfect in your mind and you do not like the way the calendar looks, then you are welcome to add your own calendar from scripts you write. Obviously I am using a calendar as an example but it could be any aspect at all, so using code you could make you application more to what you yourself want, but you do not have to if you are not comfortable in code either.

In the forum you will see many people pasting code in their questions and answers, but honestly thats normally just because it is easier to get help to certain problems when we see the code as many of the forum users have a firm grasp of multiple programming languages. This however is not to say the user who made it coded any of it, they normally used the GUI and just copied and pasted the code for us to look at.

Anyway, thats the long answer, the short answer is, Wappler can achieve most of what any person would need directly in the GUI without restricting you as much as any other app I have seen. If your needs and wants can be compromised sometimes, you will never have to touch a line of code by just using the base standard components,

2 Likes

Amazing and very helpful answer! That helps clear up a lot for me. Thanks again!