Ipad image size issue

Hello!

I have a client who claim that on his ipad the header image (big image under navbar) is not showing correctly on his ipad in landscap position, the image is like disproportionately zoomed in, while in portrait it look ok.
https://jc-weboptions.com/benjam3/

I don’t own a ipad so I tested it on an adaptive view simulator, but from what I read on some forum it would be commun issue on IOS with Safai/Chrome and it is not viewable on a simulator.

I tried some solutions I found on the web with no success.
Note: I tried with the image as a background image and as normal image with same result.

Anyone know how to solve that?

Any help is much appreciate!

You have the image with a style of background-attachement: fixed. This is great for the desktop version.

iOS devices do not show this scrolling (parallax) effect; but the fixed background causes the image to not resize. I am not sure, but I think that using the Browser component, you can exclude the fixed bit for iOS devices.

1 Like

Hi Ben thank you for the info!
Ok so that it is a problem specific to iOS devises :thinking:

In fact I set the header image the scroll for the tablet (tablet view in design panel) and I was convinced it would work for landcsape too but it look llike when vewing the device in landscape position it get the the css parameters from the laptop wich I did set to "attachement: fixed.

For now I changed the parameters for the section on laptop (from fix to scroll) and I am waiting for from my client reply.

I never used the browser component before but from what I see on the DMX site it is very useful in some situation so if the problem still occur I will go woth your solution.

Thank you very much Ben for your help :slight_smile:

1 Like

Ok so I just received reply form my client saying it work just fine now so my modification on laptop did work for the landscape position on ipad.
But I will give a try the browser component on some other project.

Thank you again Ben.

1 Like