iOS run on connected device fails

Running an existing app from Wappler crashes consistently at the same point. I’m also noticing that it before it crashes, it takes much longer than before.

Outputand loggin attached.

chrome_debug.log.zip (4.4 KB)
ios-device-log.txt.zip (8.8 KB)

EDIT: Disregard for now…rolling back Wappler doesn’t change the result. I’ll investigate further.

EDIT2: Perhaps this is related. On 3.2.2, I could not use this feature (run on connected device) and the error was pointing me to ios-deploy. I updated that package and everything worked (on 3.2.2). I then upgraded to Wappler 3.3.1 and it broke. After rolling back to 3.2.2, I now see the very quickly popup on startup:

I should note that building in Wappler and then running to my connected device using Xcode, works fine.

iOS-deploy is indeed a general package that is used by Cordova and Wappler so if you have problems with it, you can just update it. No need to revert Wappler for this.

Now that you have gone too much back and forward in the Wappler versions, your local data might have got corrupted - hence the message, so if got this you might need to do a full install from scratch:

Thanks George…I’ll give that a go. However, I did restore ios-deploy back to 1.9.4 and have gotten back to my original state, which generates this error (again, only from Wappler run, not Xcode)

Starting debug of 0793b066c73845459a3803fa466c9d24b29d3fbd (N71mAP, iPhone 6s, iphoneos, arm64) a.k.a. 'KRT iPhone 6s' connected through USB...
[  0%] Looking up developer disk image
[ 95%] Developer disk image mounted successfully
2020-09-11 10:39:03.248 ios-deploy[84630:746228] [ !! ] Error 0xe800007f: Device doesn't support wireless sync. AMDeviceStartService(device, CFSTR("com.apple.debugserver"), &gdbfd, NULL)
ios-deploy: Command failed with exit code 253
Error running your Cordova Project for ios!

This is the error that started me down this path, so if you have any insight to solving, that would be appreciated!

After fresh install…same error

------ Debug phase ------
Starting debug of 0793b066c73845459a3803fa466c9d24b29d3fbd (N71mAP, iPhone 6s, iphoneos, arm64) a.k.a. 'KRT iPhone 6s' connected through USB...
[  0%] Looking up developer disk image
[ 95%] Developer disk image mounted successfully
2020-09-11 10:49:52.626 ios-deploy[85589:757111] [ !! ] Error 0xe800007f: Device doesn't support wireless sync. AMDeviceStartService(device, CFSTR("com.apple.debugserver"), &gdbfd, NULL)
ios-deploy: Command failed with exit code 253
Error running your Cordova Project for ios!

And yes, I still use an iPhone 6s. :rofl:

Maybe check in Xcode if all this is still supported …

and for God’s sake get a new iPhone! :slight_smile:

Are you going over Wifi?

I just found this:

It was from this issue:

I know – I’ll be getting a 12 once it comes out. There just hasn’t been anything compelling with iPhones for a while.

I’m not going over Wifi – but it still is attempting. If I turn WiFi off on my phone, it works.

I’ll just go back to my existing workflow. Build in Wappler, run from Xcode–it all works from there.

1 Like