Introducing a feature-filled table component - Tabulator

Hi all,

I’ve had a need for embedded tables within our integrated reporting system. To be credible, we needed to offer standard formatting of data types, sorting, grouping, filtering, support for paging, huge tables and export capability to PDF, CSV, Native Excel and JSON.

We’ve opted for tabulator - https://tabulator.info/

This is something Wappler should be integrating. It’s a gem and the OSS licensing works.

Happy to offer help / source code examples to anyone trialling it.

5 Likes

Looks great indeed. Will move it to the features requests.

4 Likes

Are you using this with Wappler paged query?

I’m not. I’m using only client side pagination as I’ve got nothing above 2,000 records in the largest reports. It does have a server pagination mode. I’ve found everything works as expected and is well documented so I’d expect server pagination would do a good job

I doubt that, given my experience with Paginated queries and 3rd party libraries. There is always some extra effort required. :sweat_smile:

Hopefully, if its included natively in Wappler, it will all work out-of-the-box.

1 Like

I completely understand that sentiment. If I get time, I’ll try a server pagination test and report back

And it doesn’t require jquery unlike datatables or bootstrap-table.

1 Like

This would be game changer for us as we rely heavily on Kendu UI and Telerik gridview components. Very difficult to incorporate into Wappler and we just end up using the paging/filtering/sorting from their library.
This would be so awesome to have this type of gridview components configured within Wappler and App Connect.

2 Likes