Integrate client side validation to Multi-Step form

Not sure how I can add the validation to a multi-step form. Seeing as the Input[submit] at the last step triggers validation. The user does not see what validation errors are being flagged.

Any advice on how to get this working for a sensible user experience.

Thanks in advance!

I have realised I can disable the button with different conditions. For example I have applied two values to the disabled attribute as follows:

!firstName.value+firstName.invalid

I have the “required” validation applied to the form input. The problem is how can I have an error message appear when the they click the next button as there is no indication to the user why the next button is not working!

Just realised the above values do not work. The only value that I can get to work is:

!firstName.value

If I try to apply an invalid binding to the Button it does not work. I’ve seen @Teodor video post in the ‘Validating Multi-step form’ feed but this is not working for me.

Really could do with some help on this @Teodor or anyone with knowledge

@Teodor created a tutorial for this which might be helpul if you haven’t seen it.

Well there are dynamic events - on click > input > validate. You can keep the next button enabled and run the validate action instead. It will show the validation message when the input is not filled.

1 Like

Great Thanks @Teodor. This is exactly what i was after !

@Teodor i’m not quite sure how to validate a radio group in this scenario. I find it strange that you can add a validation rule to each radio input separately. Plus I have this particular radio group in its own step.
I thought that maybe to just disable the next button for this but I can’t find a data binding that works.

Any suggestions.

Thanks in advance