Install on new windows system - scoop needs git

Should i need to manually install docker desktop before trying to use a docker target in Wappler running on Windows (11)

I decided to try reset a latop to factory settings and install Wappler to see how smooth the process was.

I installed Beta 1, created a new Docker local project and waited to see hat happened.
Scoop installer installed correctly and I expected to see docker desktop installed automatically also.
Each time i got this (3 full windows resets and reinstalls)

I then installed docker desktop manually and the process completed correctly

Should i need to manually install docker desktop before creating a docker project or should Wappler do this for me?
Do we have a bug in the installer?

It might be beter to install docker desktop separately from the official site as auto installing from Wappler is bound to some security restrictions.

We will be moving away from the auto install and supply instructions and link to download and install manually.

2 Likes

OK, as long as i know it’s not me getting things wrong :grinning:

Well it is still weird scoop installer error… semis it is missing git? Didn’t know that it has to be installed manually before.

Will investigate.

1 Like

I noticed that but assumed the issue lay with Docker. If you manually install docker there are no errors when creating a docker based project so I assume that removes the need for the installer to download docker from git

Indeed it is also a good practice to let the user install manually docker desktop and NodeJS to understand better what is going on, as those tools are very commonly used.

Found the problem, our scoop installation wasn’t indeed fully correct.

Will be fixed in the next beta of Wappler 5

1 Like

Improved in Wappler 5 beta 2