Inner Joins

I am having an issue show data. It seems that when I try to make an inner join in server connect, it does not show the correct data. The joins are set up correctly (As I have tested the in both MyphpAdmin, Datagrip, MYSQL). Is the an issue with this? Can someone direct me to or explain in detail how to set up an inner join, in server connect from two tables?

There are no know issues with joins in wappler.

The process is simple:
Open the query manager

Select your first table:

Select your second table and a join dialogue will open:

Select the foreign key field from that table:

Select the matching primary key from the master table:

You have an option to alias the second table (really useful for self joins)

the resultant SQL can be seen at the bottom of the query dialogue

I have created multiple joins on several occasions (10-15 joins) without any problems

If your query is not working perhaps you could post details of it so we can make a more informed recommendation

4 Likes

This may be a shot in the dark, but try a LEFT JOIN; it works for me in such cases.

1 Like

An INNER join is the strictest. it needs a corresponding entry in the foreign key’s table to match the parent primary key or the record is not included

A LEFT join means that all entries from the parent table are included and if no corresponding foreign key is found the fields of the foreign key table are included but set to null

A RIGHT join is effectively the reverse of left where the foreign key table takes primacy.

All three have their correct places for use depending on the data requirements but ned to be use correctly

5 Likes

Thank you

Left join worked. Thank you

Left worked better thank you

You’re most welcome!