Inline flow changes not saved

OS info

• Operating System : Windows 10.0.19045
  • Wappler Version : 6.5.0

Problem description

I was able to use Dynamic Events > Click Action > Flow Editor but something happened and now I can’t save anything in the Flow Editor. I can use the Actions Editor though.

Steps to reproduce

1. Add a flow on button click.
  2. Save the flow
  3. Open the flow and it’s not saved

The HTML for the page (manageusers) and the template (admin) are attached here…
admin.zip (2.8 KB)

The only odd thing that stands out is that I was inserting a table into the modal called modal_roles and I right-clicked on the modal body and the table ended up inserting somewhere completely different. That’s the point when I noticed things were being strange. I’m not sure if it’s related or it’s a different bug.

Thanks,
Cameron.

Can you make a short video showing the problem as it’s not clear what are you doing?

I tested the code from your page and i can successfully add another step in the inline flow.
I also see that when you expand Confirm and check the Then step inside it, you already have a notification step there.
Try restarting Wappler, open/close the page or maybe just try removing the inline flow from the button and add it again.

Yeah I already had that working. It’s just if I add anything new it’s not working. I’ve deleted it from the yellow button and re-added and it doesn’t work.

Maybe it’s something elsewhere breaking it. I’ll just add the whole project. Might be easier. I’ve tried both the red and yellow buttons and can’t add to either.

communityweb.zip (13.6 MB)

I can’t recreate it on your page, so i am not sure what could be wrong.
Please restart Wappler with debug on, recreate the issue (i.e. try to add the step and save the inline flow) and find the debug log by browsing to its location as explained below and attach it to this topic:

wappler.zip (2.5 KB)

I just tried to add a notification as a test. It’s not just notifications that fail, and it happens not just on one button.

And if you look at the code of the button is the inline flow code empty?

Yeah I can’t get it to change from this…

It definitely WAS working, as you saw with the red button.

Is there a cache within Wappler that I can clear or something?

You can try downloading and reinstalling Wappler from https://account5.wappler.io/download

Hmmmm lol. So I uninstalled Wappler and deleted C:\Users\Cameron\AppData\Roaming\Wappler. I then re-installed 6.5 and now when I open the project it doesn’t load properly. I just get this loading thing…

Why have you deleted this folder? You should have only downloaded Wappler installer from the link i provided and run it.
AppData/Roaming/Wappler is the user folder, it contains the user data from Wappler.

When reinstalling/updating Wappler it will reuse the user folder so projects and settings are not lost.

Ok. I put it back. It’s loading fine but still I’m having the same issue as before. I restarted the computer also.

I found out where the problem was but I have no idea what caused it. My theory that it was a cache issue was correct. I renamed all of them foldername.old so I could restore them, and when i got to the DawnCache folder I was able to get it to work.

No idea what it is but I suppose it could give you an idea as to why it happened.

Thanks for the tips leading me towards this.

Actually, that may have been a co-incidence as it did start to work but now it’s broken again and not working even when deleting the DawnCache folder.

I noticed something though. Take a look at this…

1. Button btn2 is selected

2. Add the flow

3. Add a Run. Look at how “Responsive Table” is now selected. When it fails it does this and moves away from the button. I believe this is why it’s not applying, because the button is no longer selected.

Ok I think I’ve finally got it.

I’m running on a single 28" screen and the left half is the web browser and the right half is Wappler. The flow editor by default appears right in the middle…

If I keep it there or on the left of the screen it doesn’t work. If I move the flow editor onto the right side of the screen where Wappler is then it does work. I can reliably get it to work and not work using this method.

1 Like