Inline editing issues

OS info

• Operating System : Windows 10.0.18363
  • Wappler Version : 2.6.5

Problem description

Double-clicking on an element in the Design view not always opens the “mini editor”.

Steps to reproduce

1. Create a button
  2. Go to the design view and click on the just added button
  3. The “mini editor” opens up and I can change the text of the button from the default “Button” to say something like “New Button 1”
  4. Add another button
  5. Put a Font Awsome to the left of the title using the 2nd button’s properties in App Structure
  6. Go to the Design view and double click on the 2nd button

The “mini editor” does not open.

I found the “Design View” difficult to use.
For starters, it forced me to change my thinking paradigm of what a Design View s/b -0 because truly the only thing that I can do there is resizing a column and sometimes change a text.

Many times the “mini-editor” does not open up. This is the first time I was able to reproduce it. I noticed that in other opportunities, I save the page, refresh the Design View, and miraculously it works, but this time, with the process above, it did not – so I’m creating this bug report.

To make matters a bit worse, in many cases, the “mini editor” opens up clobbering the text I want to edit, making it even less of my friend.

And it would be really useful to describe what each of the options do. I can imagine the use of the B, the I, the flag, and the ray, but not the others. A simple message on hover would do.

Many thanks,

Alex

This should be improved in Wappler 2.7.1

1 Like

Thank you!!

This topic was automatically closed after 46 hours. New replies are no longer allowed.