IndexedDB

Does anyone know how can IndexedDB be used and accessed within Wappler?

1 Like

Well we do have future plans to make a Database Creator, next to the current Database Connector, to allow creation of database structures in Wappler.

However IndexedDB is much simpler object/keys storage so it might be much easier to implement because of its simple keys/values principle.

What exactly do you want to do with IndexedDB - could you describe your user case more in detail?

1 Like

I need to encapsulate a database within a stand-alone webpage/“app” without the need to include something like PHP to add the database (e.g., MySQL, SQLite).

I need to create the mobile (even desktop) page/“app” that could store data without an external database but capable of storing at least 5000 records; this to be able to comply with privacy and security regulations FROM the webpage/“app” design standpoint. For example, if the data remains encapsulated within the mobile webpage, only the person(s) authorized to review the information would have access to it, no data “flowing” through the net. The webpage/“app” could then be used even offline.

(My next step would be to be able to sync the data if necessary from the offline webpage/“app” to a computer/server via WiFi - but this is another topic).

Hi @jcr

Can you please elaborate how you handled this?

I need to make my app robust for offline use as well.

Store everything locally until synced with server…

Thanks
ZubairLK

I did not follow up on this database issue and I have been away from web development for a long while as I do this primarily as a hobby and have been quite busy lately.

Now that I have more free time I am going to work on this database issue, but as of right now, I don’t have an answer.

You can explore the Data Store component for local only storage.

Thank you Sid for the tip, the Data Store seems to be a good feature.

1. I want the data to stay saved but I found this response from someone else: “if the user closes the browser window then the storage would be lost.”

2. Also, my plan is to store sensitive info, but I found this other response: “Avoid storing sensitive data in it.”

This is referring to session storage rather than local storage. In most cases local storage isn’t deleted when the user closes the browser.

That’s correct, store sensitive info in the database. You can link the record with an ID field or similar when performing a

Thank you for the response.
I think this is a good feature to explore.