Included library action output not available in API workflow

Wappler Version: 5.1.0

Operating System: MacOS Ventura

Expected behavior

Adding a JWT sign action as a library workflow and including it in an API workflow should list the JWT sign output as an option in the API workflow.

Actual behavior

The output of the included library action is not available.

How to reproduce

Create a library action that signs a JWT token.

Include it in an API workflow.

The output of the JWT token is not available.

Setting a value in the library action directly and saving it:

Makes Wappler duplicate the library action naming the duplicated workflow like the API workflow:

And then the JWT output is finally available:

I was able to reproduce that exact behavior multiple times with two completely fresh projects. This might be specific to the JWT actions.

This is not relevant to the main question, but just an observation that might help:
In the signToken library action shown in first screenshot - having a response step means the SA will stop at that point.
So, the authToken SA where you are including that library action, will never execute any step after the include step.

Good point and thanks.
The library action still won’t output any data without the response action unless you add any other step that outputs data and use the duplicated library action Wappler creates.

Sometimes these weird issues can be attributed to magic bugs. :sweat_smile:
Try creating a new project and see how it works there. I don’t use INCULDE much - mostly EXECS, and haven’t had any issues like this before.

I did create two fresh projects and reproduced the issue before writing the bug report. It is a weird bug and took me a while to find the pattern :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Bump. This is still happening. Library action content often gets wiped as well if the library action is opened while an API workflow that includes the action is open. Variables from included actions often don’t show up in the Wappler UI. I had to move most library actions to regular api workflows because they are such a pain to work with and only work without causing any issues 50% of the time.

Agree. Working with library actions is problematic sometimes.

Similar FR here: