'In Use' Server Connect number

Not a big one - but it could be a great feature to avoid any accidental deletes of Server Connects (epecially for larger projects) if in the Server Connect Tab there is a number, or even just a icon of some kind to let us know that that Server Connect is currently in use somewhere on the project.

The result would be:
Less likely to accidentally delete and break something
Easier to clean up the Server Connect tree with redundent SC’s.

Nice idea. It’s not often I’m in that situation but I tend to just leave orphan files. Or if I’m confident they’re not needed then I rename them adding _DELETE after so I know it’s for deletion and I can bring it back if it turns out to be needed. But having a counter for every time one is added to a page is a great idea.

2 Likes

Something similar to this request? Show which pages are using server action

Didn’t see this - I guess a combination of the two would be perfect!

This is something we plan for the long term. Haven’t got to it yet as it requires a major architectural change:

6 Likes

Hi,

This is not be what you’re looking for but may do the trick for now:
Before deleting a server action, (say one called “sa1”) go to the Wappler search menu and do a search for “sa1”. It will show you all the pages and all the other server actions where the “sa1” string appears. The latter is important when you’re invoking a server action from within other server actions, as if using an API call.

The path of the found files will tell you whether they are pages or other server actions.

In addition, you can rename all instances of a string to another. That said, be careful because unless something changed recently, there is no “undo” function.

Hope this helps,

Alex

1 Like

i wonder it would be possible with ease to implement a color or icon change if server actions and, library actions especially, is orphan or in use?. i am very quick to delete stuff and the result is not so good so far.