Improvements that would make Wappler great

So I have been paying for Wappler since it came out to support the project but not really have used it for a serious project have not done any just played around with it years ago, so basically, now it will be my first time to really dig deep into Wappler, I started a small project out of my normal work to help out a friend.

These suggestions come from what I do for a living, my day job is developing systems that are 508 complaints in short words accessibility, so here is what I notices and would love if Wappler adds this to their system

• Adding forms I did not find any way directly in Wappler to add form Labels, the only way was on code view and add type them manually, if a site that has forms do not have labels and they get audited like it happens a lot in the USA, that would fail to be compliant, placeholders do not take place for a label even if you wish not to show them they need to be present there to help screen readers and other devices, please see:
    https://www.section508.gov/content/guide-accessible-web-design-development/#forms
    and
    https://www.w3.org/WAI/tutorials/forms/labels/

• Ability to add role and aria to elements would help as well with accessibility, an example most navigations built with Wappler are not 100% accessible unless it manually gets tweaked.

• Documentation update, for someone new it is confusing to see the documentation on how things were done last year to the new way things get done now adding for example a database insert under API instead of just directly server actions.

• A big must that is missing is the two-factor authentication, I saw some posts but for an average or new user, this would be a hard task to get something in place and is so important these days.

After over a year without opening Wappler I am impress with the new features that it has now, but would love those above to be added.

Thank you

First element.

Make sure you understand how forms are built with bootstrap as labels can only be added inside a bootstrap form group.

You can find the “role” as a global attribute in the DOM tab.

You are right that with aria attributes: they are not available.

1 Like

Adding to Jon’s reply

What do you mean by this? What kind of two factor auth are you missing IN Wappler?
You can use ANY API service available out there to create a two factor authentication - for example Twillio and similar to send SMS code to your users. How do you expect this to be integrated in Wappler exactly?

1 Like

Thank you will try to use those you suggest, not sure how it can get but maybe some official instructions on how to do it.

But something similar on how the OAuth2 part works but for two factors where we can just add what is necessary settings and maybe have pre-built some parts like the verification and so on for the security provider to take advantage of it.

You can start with their docs https://www.twilio.com/docs/sms and use the API Connector in Server Connect to build what you need.

1 Like

2FA which is compatible with Google Authenticator would be an awesome feature.

2 Likes

I am not getting the same options not sure what I’m doing wrong, I did use the auto-generated forms.

Ok found it so auto-generated forms do not show the label option not even typing label on the search box, I would suggest it always is available no matter how the form field gets inserted.

Thank you for pointing out they only work when adding each one by one as a form group.

I could probably create a custom extension for TOTP(Google Authenticator, Twilio Authy, etc) for nodejs if there is a need.

4 Likes

What about PHP? (I’m hiding behind a cushion now!)

4 Likes

4 Likes

Thought so :wink:

2 Likes

I would vote for PHP too, over nodejs, most sites are still PHP if not look at all the Drupal and WordPress, Laravel, etc, besides been the most popular hosting that anyone can get are LAMP servers then next jump on technology I see is python everywhere I look around at.

I was just baiting Jon :stuck_out_tongue:

@mebeingken already developed custom extensions for that(nodejs…and PHP yes!)

2 Likes

This is what makes Wappler greater its community thank you Jon

2 Likes

Hi, would this still work with the current version of Wappler?